Thursday 22 January 2015

The day vomiting nearly killed me



We have had a week of excessive vomiting at Moose Towers.  Willow kicked things off with a couple of days of exploding all over the floor, her bed and her mummy.  And it stank.  In between bouts of vomiting she mostly seemed fine, unfortunately that gave us naff all time to react.  Then Holly followed and finally at 4am on Tuesday morning the gastro-lurgieitis hit me with catastrophic consequences.

The first bout had me spewing the largest volume of half disgested lamb burger and hot chocolate ever seen, litres of it I tell you.  What didn’t leave by my mouth, lodged up my nose.  I will never eat lamb burger again.  I didn’t feel unwell for long beforehand and felt okay afterwards, so I went back to sleep.

At 6am I ‘woke up’ halfway down the staircase, on my head, wondering how I had fallen so far out of bed.  It turns out, and I vaguely remember reaching for my dressing gown, I had got up again to spew, made it to the hallway, passed out and crashed through the babygate on my way to my uncomfortable landing spot.  I now have an aching neck and, inexplicably, a bruised arse.  I still made it to the loo to vom though.  Hero.

Note my use of phrase ‘pass out’ as I have never fainted in my life.  I am the one who mocks fainters.

Life seems to be returning to normal now, but jeez, babies make you sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment